From the reviews
- "Warm up your soul on a cold day""If you're looking for a place where you get an interactive dining experience, this is an amazing place to try! Tucked in a small street in San Francisco, this little gem truly has what it takes to warm up your soul on a cold day...The broths were SO FLAVORFUL! You think oh, it's just miso, probably flavorless but it was so delicious!! Trust me that my favorite was the spicy [tonkotsu] as the broth was rich in flavor, creamy and savory!...Til next time, I will be awaiting more of their heavenly soups and meats." Rosie T., 5/31/2016 - visit Yelp for full review.
- "Best shabu in the city""I'm not a big fan of shabu or hot pot, but on days I do crave it, it's gotta be Shabu Club. Without a doubt, this place serves the best shabu in the city. The setup of the restaurant is pretty nice and spacious. They have big flat screen TVs around the restaurant, which is a plus. It can get pretty loud in the restaurant when it's busy (which is almost always). All the broths here are pretty good and flavorful. They even refill your pot with pure broth, that's not watered down...They make their own special sauce here that's awesome." Derek T., 3/1/2016 - visit Yelp for full review.
"Stars all around!""Oh man, one of the best AYCE shabu places I've been to thus far. The pot is split into two with flavored soups for differing favors. The meat is pretty good quality, the veggies were fresh, and the cilantro dipping sauce they have is to die for!!! Also, it comes with free ice cream at the end and how can you turn that down?!?!?
Clean place, clean bathroom, friendly staff, stars all around!"
Karen B., 1/25/2016 - visit Yelp for full review.
- "I absolutely LOVE this Shabu spot!""I've come here 4 times and it just keeps on getting better! Since I always get the veggie option when I 'shabu,' I was extremely excited that this place gives a side of fried tofu and not just a bigger side of vegetables. My bf gets their kobe beef and always raves about how delicious and fresh the meat is. Also...we like to get their edamame trio. That spicy, sweet sauce is AMAZING and you must ask for some on the side! Their service is truly amazing and this doesn't happen often at Shabu restaurants. All of the waitresses are extremely attentive, friendly and sweet. This place is not only big in size, but it also has a great ventilation system. Come here for some great Shabu! You won't be disappointed!" Anastasia N., 10/10/2013 - visit Yelp for full review.
- "5 stars for presentation. 5 stars for service. 5 stars for food. 5 stars for price.""The presentation of the place is very nice, very modern and pleasant to the eyes. We walk in and were immediately greeted by a friendly staff...My friends and I all ordered the large Kobe beef, which was very tender and tasty. For the soup we got half spicy kimchi soup and half tonkotsu soup, and I have to say that the soup was amazing, hands down the tastiest soup at a shabu place. Usually at other shabu places I just use the soup to cook the meat, but at this place I actually enjoyed drinking the soup...To top everything off...green tea/red bean ice cream on a CONE waiting at the end of every [shabu] meal! Will definitely be a regular." Gideon S., 7/1/2013 - visit Yelp for full review.
- "Love this place. I will be back.""I came back from spending a a few weeks in Japan and have avoided eating Japanese food for two weeks because I was so afraid that the food wasn't going to be half as good. But I finally broke and was craving for shabu. I found this new place in my neighborhood and decided to try it out. And wow, way beyond what I was expecting...we order the kobe beef fries and they were so good! Not just the beef but the fries as well. We also got the Ahi Tuna Poke, the tuna was so tasty it all complimented each other well...The cuts were perfect balance of tenderness, melt in your mouth with full flavor! Service was great. Fun friendly staff, we drank their variety of soju and the decor of the restaurant is modern with good music." Ray W., 7/6/2013 - visit Yelp for full review.